Tastes a bit like an Indian dessert – delicious
- 425g can mango slices, drained
- 10ml (2tsp) lime or lemon juice
- 450ml (3/4pt) whipping cream
- 200ml carton UHT coconut cream
- Slices of fresh mango and toasted coconut flakes to serve
Purée the mango slices in a food processor or blender, then stir in the lime or lemon juice.
In a separate bowl, whisk the cream until softly peaking, then whisk in the coconut cream. Fold in the mango purée and pour the mixture into a shallow freezer-proof container.
Place the container in the freezer for 2-3 hrs until the mixture is partially frozen. Mash with a fork until smooth, then return to the freezer and leave for 4-5 hrs or overnight until completely frozen.
To serve, remove the container from the freezer and allow to stand at room temperature for about 30 mins to soften a little. Serve in scoops with slices of fresh mango and toasted coconut flakes.