This mild, creamy chicken dish is great if you fancy an eastern-style meal, but don’t want huge amounts of spice.
- 1 x 200ml carton coconut cream
- 1 red chilli pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 10ml (2tsp) grated root ginger
- 45ml (3tbsp) fresh chopped coriander
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5ml (1tsp) lime or lemon juice
- 4 chicken fillets with skin on
- 10ml (2tsp) oil
- 1 x 250g packet medium rice noodles
- 10ml (2tsp) sesame oil
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into thin shreds
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 30ml (2tbsp) dark soy sauce
- Chopped red chilli pepper, to garnish (optional)
Mix together the coconut cream, chilli, ginger, coriander, garlic and lime or lemon juice, and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Slash through the skin and flesh of the chicken fillets. Place them in a shallow dish and spoon over the coconut mixture. Cover and leave to marinate for 30 mins.
Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5. Line a roasting tin with lightly oiled foil and place the chicken fillets in the tin. Drizzle over oil and roast for 35-40 mins until the chicken is cooked through and the coconut crust is browned.
Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the rice noodles and stir well.
Allow to boil for 2-3 mins, then drain the noodles and rinse under cold running water.
Heat a wok or non-stick frying pan until hot, add the sesame oil and stir-fry the spring onions, carrot and pepper for 2-3 mins until just tender.
Add the noodles and soy sauce and stir-fry for a further minute until completely heated through.
Slice the chicken fillets and arrange on the vegetable noodles. Garnish with chopped chillipepper, if liked.