This simple-to-prepare seafood curry is full of flavour - perfect for a filling evening meal with friends
- 15ml (1tbsp) oil
- 8 shallots, halved
- 15ml (1tbsp) Thai green curry paste
- 225g (8oz) new potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 400g can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 150ml (¼ pt) vegetable stock
- 30ml (2tbsp) soy sauce
- 450g (1lb) thick piece cod fillet, cut into chunks
- 175g (6oz) fine asparagus tips
- Juice from 1 lime
- 200g (7oz) cooked tiger prawns
- 30ml (2tbsp) fresh chopped coriander
- Chopped chilli pepper and coriander leaves, to garnish
Heat the oil in a large deep pan and fry the shallots for 5 mins until golden. Stir in the green curry paste and cook for 1 minute. Add the potatoes, carrot, coconut milk, stock and soy sauce. Simmer for 10-12 mins until the vegetables are almost tender.
Add the chunks of cod and asparagus tips to the pan, cover, and simmer gently for 6-8 mins until the fish is just cooked and beginning to flake.
Gently stir in the lime juice, tiger prawns and chopped coriander. Simmer for 5 mins, then season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve garnished with the chopped chilli and fresh coriander leaves.
Top tip for making Coconut seafood curry
You can use another white fish - such as haddock or pollack - instead of cod if you prefer.