This easy and quick to make French-inspired dish combines fillets of white fish with sun dried tomatoes, celery, fennel and bolognese sauce to create a filling dish bursting with flavour.
- 1 jar 750g bolognese sauce
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 50g sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, trimmed and finely sliced
- 2-3tbsp olive oil
- 2tsp freshly chopped oregano
- 1tsp tomato purée
- 1 small fennel, finely sliced
- 4 x 175g cod fillet
- To garnish:
- Few sprigs of dill and a slice of lemon, serve with seasonal vegetables
Heat the oil and fry the onions for 2-3 minutes or until soft. Stir in the oregano and then pour in the bolognese sauce and purée.
Add the fennel, sun-dried tomatoes, celery and fish to the frying pan covering them with the sauce. Place the lid over the pan and cook for a further 6-8 minutes or until the fish is just cooked.
Garnish the fish with sprigs of dill and lemon and serve with seasonal vegetables of your choice.
Top tip for making Cod provençal
Use our seasonal food calendar to find out which vegetables would go best with this recipe