This delicious meat-free meal idea is ready in just 15 mins. Fry up some tasty courgette fritters and serve with a fresh tomato and avocado salad for a lovely summer dinner
- 5tbsp self-raising flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 large courgette, coarsely grated
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 2 heaped tbsp ricotta cheese
- 2tbsp olive oil
- For the salad:
- 2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and chopped
- 1 spring onion, trimmed and chopped
- A few basil leaves
- A little olive oil
Put the flour in a large bowl, season, beat in the egg, then stir in the courgette and onions. Lightly fold in the ricotta, leaving it a bit lumpy.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add 6 spoonfuls of batter mixture (or cook 3 at a time in half the oil). Cook for 2 mins each side, over a medium heat, until golden.
To make the salad: Mix salad ingredients together, tearing in the basil leaves, then adding a dash of oil. Serve at once.
Use thinly sliced cabbage if you do not have courgettes.