A great pasta dish for the whole family. Crayfish are added to tagliatelle with a creme fraiche sauce. This is quick and easy to make.
- 150g (5oz) tagliatelle
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 courgette, trimmed and grated
- 180g pot crayfish tails in brine, drained (we used T The Big Prawn Company)
- 200g pot crème fraîche
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- About 2 tbs chopped fresh dill
- Pinch of mild
Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, then add the tagliatelle and cook, according to pack instructions, until al dente.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the garlic and courgette and cook for 2 mins, then add the crayfish and cook for 1 min.
Drain tagliatelle, add to pan with the crème fraîche, lemon zest and juice, and dill. Warm through, stir and serve sprinkled with mild chilli powder, if you like.
Crème fraîche (French soured cream) gives a lovely, tangy flavour to this dish. As it’s stable when heated, it makes an excellent lower-fat alternative to double cream for hot sauces.