Layers of filling Mediterranean vegetables complemented by a rich, smooth sauce
- 1 each of red and yellow peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 courgettes, cut into ribbons with a potato peeler
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 300g frozen spinach
- 250g low fat fromage frais
- 250g Quark
- 500g ready-made tomato sauce
- 250g pack dried lasagne sheets
Preheat oven to Mark 4, 180°C, 350°F. Place the peppers, tomatoes and courgettes on to a baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and roast for 20 mins.
Cook the spinach and drain. Mix with the fromage frais and Quark, and season.
Heat the tomato sauce and pour 3tbsp of the sauce into a 2-litre ovenproof dish. Cover with lasagne sheets, top with half the roasted vegetables and one-third of the remaining sauce. Repeat with another layer of pasta, vegetables and sauce. Add a layer of pasta and the spinach mixture. Finally, add a layer of pasta and the remaining tomato sauce. Bake for 30 mins and serve with a crisp salad.