This sausage and sweetcorn hotpot makes the perfect winter supper dish – and costs less than £5 for 4 people
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 400g good quality pork sausages
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium leeks, trimmed and thickly sliced
- 350g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 340g can sweetcorn, drained
- 450g new potatoes, thinly sliced
- 25g butter, melted
Heat the oven to 190ºC/Gas Mark 5.
Heat the oil in a shallow ovenproof casserole, add the onion and sausages and cook over a medium heat, turning until the sausages are lightly browned. Add the carrot and leek and cook a further 3 minutes.
Pour in the sauce, stock and sweetcorn, mix together and gently bring to simmer.
Scatter the potato slices over the top, brush with melted butter and place in the oven to bake for 40-45 minutes or until the potatoes are golden.