A delicious, healthy salad scattered with mellow cheese. Pineapple chunks and chicory add a strong, sweet taste to the dish.
- 6 slices prosciutto1 small baguette, cut into 8 thin slices
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 150g bag mixed salad leaves, like radicchio, lambs lettuce and curly endive
- 1 head of chicory, separated and broken into bite size pieces
- 125g (41/2oz) fresh pineapple chunks
- 125g (41/2oz) Roquefort, diced or crumbled
- 60g (2oz) pecans, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the dressing
- 2tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 1tbsp clear, runny honey
- 60g (2oz) Roquefort, crumbled
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1tsp chopped mint
Preheat oven to 180°C/gas mark 4/160°C fan oven. Place the slices of prosciutto onto a flat baking tray and top with another flat baking tray (this keeps the ham flat while cooking). On the top baking tray, lay out the baguette slices and brush lightly with olive oil. Cook for 15 minutes in the oven.
Remove the top baking tray and baguettes and leave to cool. Return the ham to the oven for a further 5 minutes or until crispy. Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Then break the ham into bite sized shards. Set aside.
Meanwhile make the dressing. Put the Greek yoghurt and honey into a small pan and gently heat until the honey has dissolved. Do not let it boil. Add the Roquefort and remaining dressing ingredients and continue to heat, stirring until the cheese has melted and everything has combined. Season to taste and keep warm or leave to cool if wanted to serve at room temperature.
Combine the mixed salad leaves and chicory together and divide between four plates. Scatter each with a little pineapple, Roquefort and pecans. Top with the baguettes, crispy ham shards and drizzle with the dressing.
Top tip for making Crispy prosciutto winter salad with crumbled Roquefort
I've used a pack of ready prepared fresh pineapple for convenience but you can always use a whole one and prepare it yourself.