This tasty chicken salad is delicious served with a selection of peppery salad leaves but it’s also ideal to pile into hot baked potatoes or use as a chunky sandwich filling. Use a medium tikka or korma curry paste and if you don’t have any mango chutney, add a touch of sweetness with a handful of raisins or some finely chopped dried apricots. For a less calorific dressing replace half the mayonnaise with natural yoghurt or reduced fat crème fraiche
- 6tbsp mayonnaise
- 1tbsp medium curry paste
- 1tbsp smooth mango chutney
- 2tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 400g cooked chicken, diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place the mayonnaise, curry paste, mango chutney and the lime or lemon juice in a bowl and mix together thoroughly.
Stir in the onion, pepper, spring onion and chicken. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and chill for 1hr before serving.
Top the salad with lightly toasted cashew nuts or flaked almonds for a bit of extra bite