Our dairy free cheesecake with elderflower is light yet creamy dessert that also is free from dairy. We’ve used coconut yoghurt and dairy free cream cheese to recreate the rich and creamy texture of a regular cheesecake, without the dairy. Dairy free cheesecake is perfect for those with food intolerances, but tastes so good that everyone will love it! The flavour of elderflower beautifully adds a sweet floral note which gives it a twist on a classic baked cheesecake.
- For the base
- 150g dairy, wheat and gluten-free digestive biscuits
- 60g olive oil spread
- For the filling
- 750g dairy-free cream cheese (we used Original Creamy Sheese, from Holland & Barrett)
- 175g golden caster sugar
- 254g carton single soya 10% fat (we used the Alpro alternative to single cream)
- 2tbsp gluten-free cornflour
- 1tbsp vanilla bean paste
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2tbsp elderflower cordial
- 2 large eggs
- For the topping
- 200g natural yogurt alternative (we used Coconut Collaborative, from Sainsbury’s)
- 4tbsp elderflower cordial
- You will need
- Edible flowers, such as violas, optional
- 18cm springform tin, greased and lined
Heat the oven to 180C. Blitz the biscuits in a food processor, to make crumbs. Melt the olive oil spread in the microwave on high for 20 secs. Pour in and combine. Press into the tin’s base. Bake for 10 mins, then cool.
Put the dairy-free cream cheese, sugar and single soya into a food processor; blend to combine. Add the cornflour, vanilla bean paste, lemon zest and juice, cordial and eggs. Blend, until smooth and creamy.
Pour the mixture over the biscuits and place the cake tin in a roasting tin. Pour around boiling water, to come halfway up the tin. Cook for 10 mins. Reduce the oven temperature to 160C and bake for 25 mins. Leave in the oven for 1 hour, then cool and chill overnight.
Spread over the yogurt alternative, then remove the cheesecake from the tin and place on a serving dish.
Heat the cordial for several mins, until it turns pale golden. Immediately, drizzle it over the top. Decorate with violas.