This salad is a delicious, refreshing combination that’s perfect for light summer eating. Serve the chicken warm or cold.
- 5tbsp mango juice drink
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- Grated rind and juice of 1 lime
- Small bunch coriander, chopped
- 7tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, stoned and diced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 6 pepperdew peppers, chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 100g wild rocket
- 2tbsp wine vinegar
- 1tsp dijon mustard
- Pinch sugar Salt and pepper
Toast the cumin seeds in a dry frying pan until you start to smell the aroma. Mix the cumin seeds in a shallow dish with 3tbsp mango juice drink, lime rind and juice, coriander and 1tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Score the chicken, add to the dish and coat thoroughly with the marinade. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour or overnight. Once marinating time is complete, grill the chicken, turning occasionally for 15 mins or until cooked through.
Mix the mango, red onion, red chilli, peppers, cherry tomatoes and wild rocket together in a large bowl and set aside.
To make the dressing, whisk the olive oil, wine vinegar, mustard and remaining mango juice drink together and season.
When ready to serve, slice the chicken and add to the salad. Drizzle over the dressing and toss gently.