Pan-fry this quick and simple burger for a great healthy meal. Made with succulent white fish mixed with parsley, capers and lemon zest, this is sure to be hit with the whole family
- About 400g (14oz) white fish fillet, skinned (we tried it with coley, hake and pollack)
- 5 tbsps chopped fresh parsley
- 1 rounded tbsp capers, rinsed
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A little flour
- To serve: Soft roll or rustic bread, salad leaves, sliced cucumber and tartare sauce
Finely chop the fish or put it in a food processor and whizz briefly, so that it’s still chunky. Add the parsley, capers, lemon zest and seasoning. Squeeze the mixture well in your hand to drain out any water, then shape into 3 burgers about 9cm (3½in) in diameter. Chill to firm, if you have time.
Heat the oil in a pan, sprinkle a little flour on burgers. Cook them over a low to medium heat for about 3 mins each side, until browned and just cooked. Serve in the roll or bread, with salad and tartare sauce.
Top tip for making Fast fish burger
Add a dash of tomato ketchup to the tartare sauce for extra flavour