This Italian-inspired dish is ready in 20 minutes - perfect for a light, spring lunch
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 x 200g tin of tuna steaks in brine, drained and broken into chunks
- 50g tin anchovy fillets in olive oil, drained and coarsely chopped (optional)
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 x 400g packs gnocchi
- 4 tbsp fennel pesto
- 100g (4oz) black olives, pitted
- 1 x 200g (7oz) fine green beans, trimmed
First heat the oil in a pan, add the onion, garlic, anchovies and chillies and cook gently for 4-5 mins, or until the onions are golden.
Now add the tuna and cook for 3-4 mins until warmed through.
Meanwhile, cook the gnocchi and green beans in a large pan of boiling, salted water for 2-3 minutes, or until they rise to the surface.
Drain the gnocchi and green beans and return to the pan, adding the fennel pesto and finish by stirring in the tuna mix with olives. Serve immediately.