Stuffed tomatoes make a great starter if you’re catering for guests and by heating them up it allows more antioxidants to be released- so they’re even better for you.
- 8 beefsteak tomatoes
- 75g (2 1/2oz) basmati rice, cooked
- 2tbsp green pesto
- 1tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 4tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 180g (6oz) can of sliced black olives, drained
- 50g (2oz) Greek feta, crumbled
- Olive oil, for drizzling
Preheat oven to 180°C/355°F/gas 4. Slice the top off each tomato and scoop out the pulp into a large bowl. Season the tomato cavities well, then put in a large, shallow ovenproof dish.
Mix together the rice, pesto, parsley, basil, pine nuts and olives, then carefully spoon the filling into the tomatoes.
Sprinkle with the cheese and drizzle with oil. Bake for 20 mins until slightly softened and the cheese is golden.