Gordon Ramsay's recipe for easy, creamy pasta is a big hit with his kids - they insist on having it for tea once a week!
- 400g dried farfalle
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 150g bacon lardons or 8 rashers of streaky bacon, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 300ml double cream
- 150g peas, thawed if frozen
- 60g freshly grated parmesan, plus extra to sprinkle
- Small handful each of sage and flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
Bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Tip in the farfalle and cook according to packet instructions until the pasta is al dente.
Heat the oil in another pan and add the bacon. Fry over high heat for 3 – 4 minutes until the bacon is golden brown. Add the garlic and fry for a minute. Pour in the cream and bring to the boil. Let simmer for 5 minutes until reduced and thickened slightly. Tip in the peas, bring back to a simmer and cook for another 3- 4 minutes. Stir the grated parmesan into the sauce, then taste and adjust the seasoning.
When the pasta is ready, drain it in a colander and immediately tip into the sauce. Add the herbs, then toss the pasta until well coated with the creamy sauce. Divide among warm plates and sprinkle over a little more parmesan to serve.