This delicious grapefruit, beetroot and avocado salad is so easy to make at home. This zesty and zingy citrus salad is full of taste and crammed with vitamin C. It’s a great option if you’re looking for something healthy.
This mouth-watering salad is a great option as a light brunch or fancy lunch.
- 2 pink grapefruit
- 2 baby avocados or 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 4 baby beetroot, cooked and cut into wedges
- 60g (2oz) cashew nuts, toasted
- Handful of mint leaves
- A couple of handfuls of pea shoots or salad leaves
- For the dressing:
- 1tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 2tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Peel, then segment the two grapefruit over a bowl to collect juice, and squeeze the peelings in, too
Arrange the grapefruit segments on a large plate, then add the avocado and beetroot.
To make the dressing: Whisk the maple syrup, or honey, and oil, with seasoning, into the grapefruit juice (about 3-4tbsp)
Drizzle the dressing over the salad, then top with the nuts, shredded mint leaves and pea shoots.