Evoke holiday memories and make a tasty Greek salad with chick peas, feta cheese, olives and sweet cherry tomatoes.
- 410g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ cucumber, deseeded and diced
- 1 small green pepper, deseeded and diced
- 12 yellow or red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 16 pitted black olives, halved
- 200g pack feta cheese, diced
- Small handful of flat-leaf parsley
- For the dressing:
- 3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and ground black pepper
Gently mix the chickpeas, cucumber, green pepper and tomatoes in a bowl. 2. Mix in the olives, feta cheese and parsley. 3. Whisk the dressing ingredients together, toss into the salad then serve.
Top tip for making Greek shepherds’ lunch
The salad will keep for a day in the fridge without the feta cheese mixed in.