The sweet chilli glaze gives this healthy grilled monkfish a flavour-filled kick - and it's ready in minutes
- 2 x 170g (6oz) monkfish tail, skinned, fresh or defrosted
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2tsp dark soy sauce
- Grated rind and juice of 1 lime
- ¼ tsp allspice berries, crushed
- 55g (2oz) light soft brown sugar
Preheat the grill.
Stir the chilli, soy sauce, lime rind and juice, allspice and sugar together.
Grill the fish for about 3 mins. Turn over and grill for 4 mins.
Spoon the chilli mix over the fish. Return to the grill for a further 2-3 mins.
Serve with sweet potato mash and green beans.
Top tip for making Grilled monkfish with sweet chilli glaze
When buying fresh monkfish, make sure it smells like the ocean - but not too fishy. It should be moist and lustrous, but no slime or tears in its flesh.