Sea bass is a delicious and simple grilled fish recipe that is perfect for barbequing. Served with a Greek dressing of lemon juice, olive oil, and chilli flakes, this tasty dish is quick and easy to cook and a delight for the whole family.
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 x 400g whole sea bass, gutted, fins removed, washed and dried
- 4tsp olive oil
- Lemon or lime wedges, to serve
- For the dressing:
- 1-2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- Pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 1tbsp chopped fresh thyme or oregano leaves
- Zest and juice of ½ a lemon, or zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2-3tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Season the fish inside and out and rub with oil.
Put fish on the barbecue grill, or griddle, over a medium heat for about 6 mins, until crispy. Brush top of fish with more oil, turn it over and cook for another 4-6 mins.
Meanwhile, mix all the dressing ingredients and spoon over fish. Serve with lemon or lime wedges.
Alternatively, serve with ready-made sweet or hot chilli sauce.