For a savoury teatime treat, these tasty snacks with fresh herbs and spring onions are just the ticket.
- 150g (5oz) wafer-thin ham, shredded4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1-2tbsp chopped fresh dill or flat-leaf parsley
- 4 large eggs
- 150ml carton double cream
- 1tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 18cm (7in) square, shallow tin, lined with baking parchment
Set the oven to gas mark 4 or 180°C. Place the shredded ham, chopped spring onion and dill or parsley in the lined tin.
Lightly beat together the eggs, cream, mustard and seasoning and pour over the ingredients in the tin. Bake in the centre of the oven for 25-30 mins, or until a light golden colour and just set in the centre. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin. When cold, chill well in the fridge.
To serve, carefully remove from the tin and peel away the baking parchment. Cut into squares and arrange them on a plate.