Try this easy all-in-one dish of corned beef hash with eggs – perfect for breakfast or brunch
- 2 medium potatoes, about 400g (14oz), unpeeled and cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely sliced
- ½ a can (175g/6oz) corned beef
- A few shakes of Tabasco sauce
- 2 medium eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cook the potato wedges in boiling water for 12-15 mins, until just tender. Drain well, then leave to steam-dry.
Heat the oil in a medium frying pan, add the onion and fry for 5 mins, until golden.
Cut the potatoes into smaller chunks, add to the pan with the onion and fry, without stirring too much, until crispy on the edges and underneath. Add the corned beef, crumbled into rough chunks, and the Tabasco. Stir in for a couple of mins.
Make two dips in the hash and crack an egg into each one. Put a lid on the pan and cook until the egg is just set. Season and serve.
This is a great recipe for using up leftover potatoes. Make it with canned fish instead of corned beef for a change.