A tasty chicken tikka that's only 136 calories - sounds too good to be true! This simple recipe is bursting with flavour but still good for you. So if you’re trying to be healthy but don’t want to miss out on your curry night, give this tasty curry recipe a go and you’ll not be disappointed. Using lots of different spices like ginger, garlic, cumin and red chilli to flavour this dish, it just takes five minutes to prep and another 25 minutes to cook, so it’s a great one to try that’s super easy and really tasty.
Watch how to make Healthy chicken tikka
- 3 tablespoons low-fat natural yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ginger, crushed
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 teaspoon red chilli paste
- 450g/1lb skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fenugreek leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons half-fat crème fraîche
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, chopped
To make this chicken curry, mix the yoghurt, garlic, ginger, black pepper and chilli paste and spoon this mixture over the chicken. Allow to marinate for 1-2 hours in the fridge.
Heat the oil in a large pan, add the cumin and chopped onion and cook on a medium heat until brown.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and add the chicken to the pan. Cook on a high heat for about 5 minutes.
Stir in the fenugreek, tomato purée, garam masala and cumin coriander powder.
Reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and the liquid has evaporated.
Stir in the crème fraîche and coriander before serving.
Top tip for making Healthy chicken tikka
This dish can be served in pitta bread (slit down one side) with lettuce and sliced onions