Don’t be put off by the rather unusual appearance of artichokes! They’re easy to prepare and have a wonderfully nutty flavour that combines very well with potatoes
- 500g (18oz) Jerusalem artichokes, peeled and diced
- 400g (14oz) potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3tbsp half-fat crème fraîche
- 2tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cook the artichokes and potatoes in boiling, salted water for 15 mins or until tender. Drain and mash well.
Stir in the crème fraîche and parsley and season to taste.
Top tip for making Herby artichoke mash
To prevent artichokes going brown, immerse them in water with a dash of lemon juice immediately after preparing.