This honey, lemon and ginger chicken stir-fry is packed full of goodness that’s ideal if you’re feeling a bit under the weather! It’s a home made stir-fry take on a takeaway classic that’s ready in 20 minutes and takes hardly any prep. This tasty chicken and veg stir-fry is delicious with lovely sesame seeds, fresh ginger and honey and can be rustled up in no time at all. Feed your family with this lovely recipe that’s nutritious and filling thanks to it’s combination of colourful vegetables and protein filled chicken. Enjoy it either for lunch or as a speedy dinner when you’re short on time. It never disappoints!
- 2tbsp sesame seeds
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 chicken breasts, finely sliced into strips
- 6cm piece peeled ginger, finely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 leek, sliced on the angle into 0.5cm rings
- 1 (200g) mixed pack mange tout and baby sweetcorn (mange tout halved on the angle and sweetcorn cut into small disks)
- 4 portions wholewheat noodles (soaked according to pack instructions)
- 1tbsp runny honey
- Juice of a whole lemon
- 6tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1tbsp sesame oil
Lightly toast the sesame seeds in a dry wok, on a medium heat. When lightly toasted set aside.
Heat the sunflower oil in the wok and add the chicken. Cook until tender.
Add the ginger, pepper, leeks and baby sweetcorn pieces. Add a couple of tablespoons of water and stir fry for 3-5 mins until the vegetables are tender but retain bite.
Add the mange tout and the pre-soaked noodles then toss in the chicken and vegetables.
Add the lemon juice, honey, soy sauce and sesame oil. Toss again until coated. Serve, sprinkled with the toasted sesame seeds.