Just lay apple slices on top of ready-rolled puff pastry and your warm apple dessert is ready for eating with a spoonful of low-fat yogurt.
- 375gpack ready-rolled puff pastry1 egg white, whisked
- 3 dessert apples (we used Jazz apples), peeled, cored, and each sliced into 16 wedges
- 15g (½oz) butter, melted
- 2 tbsp honey, for drizzling
- Greek yogurt or crème fraîche, to serve
- For the filling:
- 45g (1½oz) unsalted butter
- 3tbsp ground almonds
- 3tbsp honey, try using Greek honey
- 1 egg yolk
- 90g (3oz) toasted flaked almonds (see Sue's tip, right)
Set the oven to 220°C or gas mark 7.
To make the filling: Soften the butter in a bowl and mix in the ground almonds, honey, egg yolk and flaked almonds.
Unroll pastry on to a heavy baking sheet. Trim the edges to make them even. Mark a border 1cm (½in) in all the way round. Prick centre with a fork and brush with egg white.
Spread the filling evenly inside the border. Lay the apple slices over the top. Brush lightly with the melted butter and bake for 15 mins.
Reduce oven temperature to 200°C or gas mark 6 and bake galette for a further 20-25 mins until golden. Take it out of the oven and drizzle with extra honey. Serve with crème fraîche or Greek yogurt. (Not suitable for freezing).
Top tip for making Honeyed apple galette
Woman's Weekly cookery editor Sue McMahon says: To toast almonds, spread out on a tray and cook in the oven at Gas Mark 7 or 220°C for 3 mins. Or toss them in a frying pan.