A real flavour of the Mediterranean – this quick and easy salad counts Gorgonzola cheese among its delicious Italian ingredients
- 200g blanched green beans
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 250g plum tomatoes, halved
- 200g Gorgonzola cheese, broken into rough chunks
- For the dressing:
- 2tbsp olive and anchovy tapenade
- 3tbsp olive oil
In a bowl, mix the green beans and onion slices with the tomatoes and Gorgonzola.
Mix together the dressing ingredients. Serve alongside the salad, for spooning over.
Accompany with warm ciabatta.
Top tip for making Italian lunch salad
Though it's called 'lunch salad' this would make a lovely main meal - just make it bigger!