Matchstick threads of leek stir fried with lean smoky bacon, pak choi and noodles with a liberal sprinkling of cashew. Delicious as a healthy, quick lunch or teatime dish.
- 450g (1lb) leeks, trimmed and cut into matchstick strips
- 4 rashers lean smoked back bacon, cut into fine strips
- 1tbsp light and mild olive oil
- 1tsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1in piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 250g (9oz) pak choi leaves, roughly torn
- 75g (3oz) baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 225g (8oz) cooked noodles
- 1tbsp light soy sauce
- 1tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 50g (2oz) cashew nuts
Stir-fry the leeks and bacon with the garlic and ginger in the olive oil and sesame oil over a high heat for 3-4 mins until just beginning to brown.
Stir in the pak choi leaves and baby plum tomatoes cook for a further 2 mins or until the leaves begin to wilt.
Add the cooked noodles, soy and chilli sauce and nuts and cook for 2 mins.