A warm salad of chunky rounds of leek and pepper. Oven roasted with thyme and oregano in a white balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing finished off with a liberal sprinkling of pine nuts, leaves of rocket and parmesan shavings. Serve as a light lunch accompanied by some foccacia bread or as a first course.
- 450g leeks, trimmed and cut into 2.5cm rounds2 red peppers, cut into large chunks
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- Generous sprigs fresh oregano and thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Generous sprinkling ground sea salt and black pepper
- For the salad
- 25g pine nuts
- Handful Rocket leaves
- 25g Parmesan shavings
Place prepared vegetables and seasonings in a roasting pan along with the olive oil and balsamic. Cover with wetted baking paper and scrunch over vegetables to seal.
Oven roast at 220°C (200°C Fan) for 30 minutes until tender and just starting to brown. Combine with the remaining ingredients and serve.