Give your rack of lamb plenty of flavour with this lemon and herb crusted rack of lamb recipe. Ready in just 50 mins, this mouth-watering recipe is infused with mint, chives, lemon juice and garlic. Your lamb will never taste the same again. Perfect for Sunday lunch or special occasions like Easter.
Looking for more easy lamb chop recipes to make – check out our super helpful guide!
- For this Easter recipe you will need:
- small bunch mint, leaves only
- small bunch chives, finely sliced
- zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 75g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 racks of lamb, trimmed, each with 6 cutlets
Heat oven to 200C/gas 6. Whiz the mint, chives, lemon zest and juice, garlic, pine nuts and olive oil in a food processor, until coarse. Spread half over the fat on the lamb racks, then mix the rest with the breadcrumbs. Put the racks in a shallow roasting tin, then press the breadcrumb mixture onto the fat.
Transfer to the oven for 20-24 mins for rare to medium, or 25-28 mins for medium to well done.
Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 10 mins before carving.
Top tip for making Lemon and herb crusted rack of lamb
You may need to cover the lamb loosely with a tent of foil after 15 mins, to prevent the crust from browning too much.