Lemon meringue drizzle cake is bursting with zesty flavour and has a moist sponge topped lemon curd and crumbled meringue pieces. It’s a dessert cake that’ll put a smile on everyone’s face.
- 1 x
- finely grated rind of 1 lemon to replace the finely grated rind of 1 orange in the sponge
- and the juice and zest of 1 lemon instead of the juice of 1 orange in the topping
- To decorate:
- 2tbsp lemon curd
- 3 mini meringue shells, roughly crumbled
- 3 lemon sherbets, chopped
- few pieces of candied lemon peel
Make the drizzle cake recipe, swapping the orange ring and juice for lemon rind and juice to give it a lemon twist.
Once the cake has cooled, drizzle over a little of the lemon curd then scatter over the crumbled meringue, lemon sherbet pieces and the candied peel.
Drizzle over the rest of the lemon curd. Slice to serve.
Top tip for making Lemon meringue drizzle cake
This cake is best made fresh especially when it comes to decorating. You could make the cake in the morning and then decorate in the afternoon ready to serve.