A low fat dressing for pasta that packs a punch on flavour with the zest of lemon and the freshness of mint. This pasta dish makes a delicious starter for 6 or a summery accompaniment to serve with poached fish or grilled chicken.
- 200g carton reduced fat soft cheese with garlic and herbs
- 170g 0% fat carton Greek yogurt
- Finely grated rind and juice 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 500g fresh linguine or tagliatelle pasta
- A few sprigs of fresh mint
- Zested lemon rind to garnish
Put the soft cheese in a bowl and beat until soft and smooth. Work in the yogurt until well blended then mix in the lemon rind and juice. Season to taste.
Set aside. For longer storage, cover and chill until required, but remove from the fridge 30 mins before serving.
When ready to serve, bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil and cook the pasta for 2-3 mins until just tender. Drain well for 5 mins, then return to the saucepan.
Carefully mix in the lemon dressing until the pasta is well coated. Break up a few mint leaves and toss into the pasta.
To serve, pile into warm serving bowls and sprinkle with more fresh mint and lemon rind. Serve immediately.
Top tip for making Linguine with creamy lemon and mint dressing
For a richer, more creamy sauce, use full fat Greek yogurt or full fat soft cheese.