This garlic and chilli cod by Lisa Riley for her Honesty Diet book has just the right balance of spice to warm you through. It’s served with roasted spinach and cauliflower which is seasoned with smokey paprika and has a delicious salsa on the side. This garlic and chilli cod is quick to cook and will become a family favourite in no time.
- For this Honesty Diet
- recipe, you will need:
- half a cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 250g spinach, washed
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- juice half a lemon freshly squeezed
- 2 x 150g cod fillets, with the skin on
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped to garnish
- For the salsa:
- 150g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Juice of half a lime, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon chopped chilli
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
Preheat the oven to 200°C
Put the cauliflower florets and spinach in an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle the paprika, garlic, oil and lemon juice over the vegetables and mix well with your hands. Season with salt and pepper and cook on the top shelf of the oven for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, season the cod with salt and pepper and rub in the harissa paste. Place on a foil-lined baking tray.
Once the vegetables have been in the oven for the first 10 minutes, turn the oven down to 180°C, pop the fish on to the centre shelf of the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes more. To create the salsa, mix the tomatoes with the lime juice, chilli, oil and chives. Serve the vegetables topped with the fish and salsa, and sprinkle over the chives to garnish.