The light and refreshing tropical fruit base is crowned with a decadent delicious layer of oh so creamy mascarpone and a generous sprinkling of fudgy dark muscovado sugar.
- 150g packet ratafia or amaretti biscuits
- 150ml (1/4pt) rum or sherry
- 1 mango, peeled and flesh sliced
- 1 papaya, peeled, halved and seeds removed, flesh sliced
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 small pineapple, peeled, cut into quarters, woody core removed, sliced
- 500g carton fresh vanilla custard
- 200g (7oz) mascarpone
- 284ml carton double cream, softly whipped
- Finely grated zest of 1/2 lime
- 1/2tsp vanilla extract
- 50g (2oz) unrefined dark muscovado sugar
Put the biscuits in the base of 8 glasses and drizzle over some of the rum or sherry.
Scatter some mango, papaya, lime juice and pineapple pieces into each glass. Pour over the rest of the rum or sherry.
Pour the custard over the fruit.
Mix together the mascarpone, double cream, lime zest and vanilla extract together.
Spoon on top of the custard and sprinkle with dark muscovado sugar.