A tasty lamb burger with a cheesy surprise in the middle
- 250g packet lamb mince
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 60-90g Double Gloucester cheese
- Light olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 ciabatta rolls or burger baps, halved and toasted
- Rocket leaves and sliced tomato, to serve
Mix together the lamb with the mint and seasoning, divide in half and shape each into burger.
Cut the cheese in half and press a piece into the centre of each burger, pressing well over where it’s been inserted to seal it.
Heat a drizzle of oil in a frying pan. Add burgers. Cook them for 12-15 minutes over a medium heat, turning them occasionally until the cheese starts to ooze out, and the meat juices are clear when burger is pierced with a skewer.
Serve the burgers in toasted bread rolls or baps with rocket leaves underneath and sliced tomato on top
This burger will taste delicious cooked on a BBQ