Fast, delicious and filling, these steak fajitas also come with homemade guacamole and contains 3 of your 5-a-day
- 500g lean rump steak, sliced into 1cm thick strips
- 2 peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 2 red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 ripe avocados
- 150g pot soured cream, to serve
- Small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- ½tsp each chilli powder, dried thyme and ground cumin
- 1tsp each ground coriander and sweet paprika
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 100g mild Peppadew peppers, drained
- 326g pack flour tortillas, warmed, to serve
- 150g medium Cheddar, grated, to serve
In a bowl, mix the steak with the spices and leave to marinate for 10 mins, or longer if you have time.
Heat 1tbsp of oil in a large pan or wok and fry the steak until browned all over; set aside. Add the remaining oil and cook peppers and onions for a few mins.
Return steak to the pan with the tomatoes and cook for 4-5 mins.
For the guacamole: peel the avocados and mash in a bowl with lime zest and juice and garlic. Finely chop the peppers, stir into the avocado and season.
Spoon the filling into each tortilla and add a dollop of guacamole and soured cream. Sprinkle over a little cheese, roll up and serve.
Top tip for making Mexican steak fajitas
Use 4-5 tsp Cajun spice instead of individual spices to save time.