Give tradition a helping hand with this quick and easy version of the classic pud. Your microwave Christmas pudding can be made on the day and takes just 5 minutes to cook! It’s also gluten and dairy-free.
Like this? You’re going to love Mary Berry’s classic Christmas pudding recipe!
- 40g (1½ oz) gluten-free plain flour
- 30g (10z) ground hazelnuts
- 60g (2oz) dark brown sugar
- 20g (¾ oz) egg replacement powder
- ¼ tsp each ground mixed spice and cinnamon
- 40g (1½ oz) dairy-free spread
- 175g (6oz) mixed dried fruit
- 30g (1oz) apple, peeled, cored and chopped, optional
- ½ lemon, finely grated rind and 2tbsp juice
- 1tsp golden syrup
- 1tsp gravy browning
- 2tbsp brandy
- 6tbsp soya milk
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- ¾ litre (1¼ pint) pudding basin greased and a disc of greaseproof paper placed in the bottom
Mix all the ingredients together. Spoon into the pudding basin.
Cover loosely with a piece of greaseproof paper.
Microwave on high (calculated for an 800 watt oven) for 2½ mins and leave to stand for another 2½ mins, then cook for a further 2½ mins.
Remove the paper. The pudding won’t look fully cooked in the middle, so leave it to stand for 5 mins before turning it out and serving, dusted with icing sugar. Not suitable for freezing.
Top tip for making Microwave Christmas pudding
Serve with Soya Dream - a dairy-free alternative to single cream.