Feed the family for just 38p a head with this super-simple dish. Serve these tasty frittatas hot or cold, with a crispy side salad. The kids will love them!
- 3 large potatoes, unpeeled
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 6 large eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Handful of wild rocket, to serve (optional)
- 6 x 10cm (4in) Yorkshire pudding tins, greased and base-lined with baking parchment
Pierce the potatoes several times with a fork, then microwave on High for 10 mins.
Set the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4.
Peel away the potato skin and cut the potatoes into 1cm (½in) cubes. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry onions for a few mins to soften, then add the potatoes, cook for 5 mins without stirring, to brown them. Add the red pepper to the pan and cook over a medium heat for 5 more mins.
Break eggs into a bowl and beat lightly with a fork. Season well. Divide potato and onion mixture between tins, then carefully pour in the beaten egg.
Bake for 20 mins, until puffed up and golden. Leave to cool for a few mins, then run a knife around each one and lift them out. Serve hot or cold with salad leaves.
Haven’t got Yorkshire pudding tins? Use muffin tins instead and make ten smaller frittatas. Cook for 12-15 mins.