This ice cream dessert is so simple to make, and because it sits in the freezer quite happily, you can have one on stand by!
- 500ml (17fl oz) pot vanilla ice cream
- 500ml (17fl oz) pot chocolate ice cream
- 100g (4oz) chocolate-coated coffee beans, roughly chopped
- 150g (5oz) ready-made dark chocolate sauce
- 50ml (2oz) strong espresso coffee, cooled
Before you start, line a 900g (2lb) loaf tin with clingfilm and set to one side.
Soften both the ice creams just a little so they’re easy to scoop. Put 3 or 4 spoonfuls of each of the ice creams into the tin, alternating as you go, you’re after a bit of a checkerboard effect here. Scatter with the coffee beans.
Keep going until all of the ice cream has been used up and the loaf tin is tightly packed. Return to the freezer for a couple of hours, or overnight.
When you’re ready to serve, warm a sharp knife in hot water and thickly slice the terrine.
Mix the chocolate sauce with the espresso and drizzle over four large plates. Put a slice or two of the chocolate terrine on to each plate.