Topped with breadcrumbs and cheese and served with garlicky chestnut mushrooms, these monkfish fillets make a quick, easy dinner.
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 125g (4oz) chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 2 monkfish fillets, about 275g (9oz) total weight
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small slice white bread, torn into small pieces, about 30g (1oz)
- About 30g (1oz) Cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and cut into short lengths
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
Set the grill to high. Heat oil in an ovenproof frying pan. Fry garlic and mushrooms for about 3 mins until softened.
Push the mixture to one side of the pan, add the fish, skinned-side down, season and cook for 3 mins.
Sprinkle fish with the bread and cheese, add the tomato and spring onion to the pan, then put it under the grill, not too near the heat source, for about 5 mins, until the crumbs and cheese are browned. Sprinkle with parsley, if liked. (Not suitable for freezing).
Woman's Weekly cookery editor Sue McMahon says: No need to turn the fish over in the pan, it doesn’t take long to cook.