This mouth-watering Moroccan tomatoes dish makes a great brunch, lunch or dinner. Ready in minutes and made in one pot. Combine tomatoes, asparagus and eggs for this simple and quick meal
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 100g thin asparagus tips, halved
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 large slicing tomato, thickly sliced and halved
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 pinches ras el hanout seasoning (or smoked paprika or cumin)
- Salt and ground black pepper
Warm the oil in a frying pan, add the asparagus tips and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the garlic and, after a minute, add the halved tomato slices. Cook for 2 mins.
Make 2 hollows in the pan. Break in the eggs, put a lid on the pan and cook until the eggs are just set, to your liking.
Sprinkle with ras el hanout, salt and pepper. Serve with flatbreads or country-style bread.
Top tip for making Moroccan tomatoes
Sprinkle with smoked paprika or ground cumin rather than ras el hanout.