Omelettes are great when you’re in a rush – and this tasty veggie combo will put you well on your way to getting your five-a-day.
- 175g (6oz) mushrooms, quartered
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 55g (2oz) butter
- 12 eggs
- 2tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 4tbsp milk
- 115g (4oz) Brie, sliced
- Want to make this for under £1 head?
- : £3.68 (Asda)
- : 2 x Smartprice eggs (6) £1.26, Somerset Brie £1, Leek (100g) 25p, Mushrooms (200g) 50p, Cut chives (25g) 67p
- (Prices correct at time of writing. See mysupermarket
- for more deals).
Stir-fry the mushrooms and leek separately in half the butter for 5 mins and set aside.
Put the eggs, chives and milk in a bowl, season and whisk lightly.
Heat the remaining butter in a frying pan. Add a quarter of the egg mixture to the pan and stir until almost set. Top with a quarter of the mushrooms, leek and Brie, and cook for 30 secs.
Fold in half and keep warm while cooking the other three omelettes.
To guarantee the eggs you're using are safe, buy ones stamped with the Lion Quality mark. This means they come from British hens that have been vaccinated against salmonella.