Triple tested: The kids will love this easy veggie supper of creamy mushroom, leek and pea pasta. Brought to you by Essentials magazine.
- 8 baby leeks, sliced
- 400g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 142ml pot double cream
- Half a bunch chives, finely chopped
- Small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- Check you've got
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 200ml white wine
- Good grating fresh nutmeg
- 250g frozen petits pois
- 50g Parmesan cheese or vegetarian alternative, grated
- 300g dried pappardelle pasta
Heat the olive oil in a large deep frying pan. Add the onion, leeks and garlic, cover and cook for 5 mins until softened.
Remove the lid, turn up the heat, add the mushrooms and cook for 5 mins until golden. Pour in the white wine, add the nutmeg and simmer for 5 mins. Add the petits pois and cream, bring to a simmer for about 3 mins, then stir through the herbs and Parmesan or alternative.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the pack instructions, drain and return to the pan. Pour in the sauce, toss together, season and serve.
Top tip: If there's any left over, stir through extra cheese sauce, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and grated cheese and bake for 20 mins.