If you’ve got some leftover roast chicken in the fridge but not enough to make a diinner, turn it into this creamy mustard toast topper for lunch
- 15g butter
- 1 rounded tablespoon plain flour
- 150ml milk
- 1-2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 1 teaspoon coarse grain mustard
- 150g cooked chicken, shredded
- 2-3 slices ciabatta, toasted
- A few lightly cooked asparagus tips
Melt the butter in a small pan, add the flour then gradually stir in the milk. Bring to the boil, stirring, until the sauce thickens.
Add the creme fraiche, mustard and chicken and heat through. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Spoon the sauce over the toast and scatter a few asparagus tips on top, serve immediately.
Top tip for making Mustardy chicken toasts
Don't have asparagus? Top with a handful of baby spinach leaves or lightly cooked broccoli florets