Lay chicken legs into a roasting tin with seasonal beetroot and carrots, pour over a little wine and olive oil, stick it in the oven for 40 minutes and roast dinner's done!
- 500g new potatoes, cut into wedges
- 250g pack cooked beetroot, cut into half
- 250g Chantenay carrots, or 250g large carrots peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 onion, cut into large dice
- 3 cloves garlic, cut into fine slices
- 2-3 sprigs for thyme
- 175ml white wine
- 4tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 chicken legs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
To start this chicken leg recipe preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6
In a large roasting tin, mix the potatoes, beetroot, carrots, onion and garlic.
Drizzle over the olive oil and pour over the wine, and tuck the thyme in between the vegetables. Season well with salt and pepper.
Season the chicken legs all over with salt and pepper and lay them on top of the vegetables. Cover loosely with foil and bake in the oven for 15 mins.
Remove the foil from the tin and return to the oven. Bake for a further 20-25 mins or until the chicken is golden and crisp and the vegetable are cooked through.
Top tip for making One-pan roast chicken and beetroot
You could use any cuts of chicken you like. Breast is more expensive but thighs and wings are cheaper and just as tasty too.