These dairy-free, gluten-free fairy cakes taste as good as they look and great for any allergy sufferers. Tuck in for a tasty guilt-free treat.
- 125g (4oz) gluten-free plain white flour
- 1 level tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 125g (4oz) dairy-free spread
- 90g (3oz) Fruisana fruit sugar, plus 1 extra tbsp (alternatively, use 125g/4oz caster sugar)
- 2 medium eggs
- Grated rind and juice 1 large orange
- 8 muffin tins, lined with fairy-cake paper cases
Set the oven to 190°C (375°F, gas mark 5).
Put the flour, baking powder, spread, sugar and eggs in a mixing bowl; add half the grated orange rind and 1tbsp water.
Beat well with a wooden spoon until mixed. Spoon the mixture into the paper cake cases.
Bake for 15 mins. Remove the cakes from the muffin tins and place on a wire rack to cool.
Heat the orange juice in a small pan with the extra tbsp of sugar. Boil until syrupy.
Pour over the hot cakes, then sprinkle with the rest of the grated orange rind. Leave to cool before serving.
Whisper it: if everyone's allergy-free, these cakes are just as delicious made with butter and plain flour.