This super-healthy oriental chicken salad recipe is packed with hearty protein and crunchy veggies to keep you full up. Great as a lunch-time treat or a light dinner, it's full of delicious oriental flavours including lime, chilli and sesame oil. Try taking any leftovers to work in a lunchbox for a spicy treat the next day.
- 1tsp vegetable oil
- 500g skinless, boneless chicken thighs, diced
- 2tbsp lemongrass, finely sliced
- 2 small red chillies, finely sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3tbsp lime juice
- 3tbsp fish sauce
- 1tsp sesame oil
- 1 small cucumber, cut into sticks
- 1 carrot, cut into ribbons
- 2 Little Gem lettuce, leaves seperated
- Handful of mint leaves
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves
- 1 lime, quartered
Heat a non-stick wok or frying pan with oil. Add the chicken and fry for 5 mins until just cooked. Add the lemongrass, chillies and onion and fry for 2 mins until cooked through.
Remove pan from the heat. Combine lime juice, fish sauce and sesame oil in a jar and shake to mix.
Stir together the chicken, cucumber, carrot, lettuce, mint and coriander. Drizzle over the dressing and serve with lime wedges.
Top tip for making Oriental chicken salad
This would also be a great recipe for using up leftover chicken after a roast dinner.