Give your pancakes a twist with these delicious Pad Thai pancakes. They're the perfect options for dinner for Pancake Day.
These tasty coconut pancakes filled with prawns and noodles in a delicious Thai dressing are a guaranteed hit with Thai food lovers. They're so easy to make too.
- 125g (4oz) Thai rice noodles
- 1tsp caster sugar
- 2tsp tamarind paste or 1tsp green Thai curry paste
- 2-3tbsp fish sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 300g pack vegetable and beansprout stir-fry
- 200g (7oz) raw tiger prawns
- About 60g (2oz) roasted salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- About 4tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Lime wedges and sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Readymade pancakes
Cut the noodles roughly in half, with scissors, and put them in a large bowl. Pour boiling water over them and leave to soak for 5-10 mins.
Mix together the sugar, tamarind, or Thai curry paste, fish sauce and lime juice, to make a dressing.
Add 1tbsp of the oil to a wok or large pan and cook the veg for about 5 mins, or according to pack directions. Add drained noodles and dressing, and warm through. Divide mixture between the warm pancakes.
Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil in wok or pan and cook prawns for a few mins until they turn pink all over. Divide them between pancakes, along with peanuts and coriander. Roll up the pancakes and serve with lime wedges and chilli sauce.
Top tip for making Pad Thai pancakes
These pancakes are best made and eaten on the same day!