Simple and nutritious, this pasta salad is packed with chunky tuna, diced peppers, spring onions and fennel shavings in a creamy mustard dressing
- 225g/8oz pasta shells
- 1 x 185g tin of tuna, drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 each red and yellow peppers, seeded and diced small
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 small fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced (reserve fronds)
- 2tsp Dijon mustard
- 5tbsp créme fraîche
- A good squeeze lemon juice
- Fennel fronds for decoration
Cook pasta shells in plenty of boiling salted water until just tender. Drain and refresh in cold water.
Transfer to a bowl. Add the pepper dice, spring onions, tuna chunks and fennel shavings.
For the dressing, spoon the mustard into a bowl and add the crème fraîche, lemon juice and seasoning. Mix well, then pour over the pasta and toss well to coat. Serve decorated with fennel fronds.
Top tip for making Pasta salad with tuna and peppers
Use pasta shells so the vegetables and tuna pieces can nestle inside