This tasty dish has less fat than most risottos and that along with its great minty flavour makes it definitely worth a try.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 125g arborio risotto rice
- 1 vegetable stock cube, with 450ml boiling water
- 125g frozen peas
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat a large knob of butter in a pan and add the onion. Cook for 3 minutes then stir in the rice.
Add a ladleful of stock and stir, until absorbed. Keep adding stock until you have used it all. The rice should be plump and tender.
Stir in the peas and simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in the mint and season. If you’re fond of Parmesan, sprinkle some on before serving.